Thursday, July 28, 2005

Things that make me cry

I was watching a movie today and in the middle of it one of the characters died. At his funeral all the other characters started singing his favorite song. And it made me cry.
And all this made me wonder am I someone who cries easily? And what things make me cry?

I cry when I see my little nephew sad. I cried at my birthday surprise party because I never thought that my friends would care enough to put up one. I cry when I watch a sad romantic movie where someone dies in the end. I cried when my ex boyfriend said that he hoped he would die. I cry when I hurt my mom and when I get mad at my dad. I cried at my sister's wedding and I cried when Sirius Black died in Harry Potter.

My mom used to call me Amina rezk for being a dramaqueen and capable of bringing sadness to myself. I always thought I was just super sensitive, now I know I hide behind my tears. I'm afraid that all the events that happened in my life took away my feelings. I use my tears as a defense mechanism against the world. But I hardly ever cry after a break up, I see it as weakness, surrender and lost feelings that won't return my broken relation back.

Tears of sorrow, of sadness of happiness; I've experienced them all. And I believe that it is our emotions that make us humans, that they separate us from animals and angels alike. And for me the best manifestation of emotions are a tear and a smile

But smiles will be discussed later.

3 Comments:

Blogger haal said...

what's the movie name?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

It's actually Elmasir (Le Destin) by Youssef Shahin.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mohamed said...

Its good to analyze your tears. Usually hard for me to do that.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home