Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The 8 New Year's resolutions

2005 hasn't been the best year for me. It hasn't been the worst either. But from everything that happened in it, I will make this New Year's resolutions & hopefully will abide by them.

In this year I had been lucky enough to get closer to my two best friends Mira & Dou. We've been able to share our joy, hurt, secrets and truly enjoy each other's company. And although Dou will leave this summer I hope our friendship will be able to surpass the oceans and continents that will separate us. Also, the new project I might get into with Mira might help us get even closer & have tighter relationships with the other girls getting into the project. So
RESOLUTION#1: Assign more attention to your girlfriends

Unfortunately in the past year I have let my guard down. I trusted people I shouldn't have trusted. I gave my old distrust and fear of my new faces a rest & I was proven wrong. I've been badly hurt and I have only myself to blame. So
RESOLUTION#2: Trust no one, don't let your guard down and listen to your instincts.

Another thing that came to my attention is my health. I have let myself deteriorate last year. I didn't take enough care of myself and I think I might be having the beginnings of an eating disorder. I never liked taking medicine, including vitamins. This made me weaker and more vulnerable to illness. So
RESOLUTION#3: Eat more vegetables and fruit, take vitamins, play sport and take care of your health.

One of my many vices is daydreaming. I sometimes spend hours, mixing it sometimes with planning and strategizing. In the beginning I tried to stop because everything I daydreamed about would happen in real life it's complete opposite. Then everything I daydreamed about happened exactly. In both cases it was completely disastrous. So
RESOLUTION#4: Stop daydreaming; put your feet on the ground and your head out of the clouds.

Moody, that's how many people describe. It's not entirely my fault. I'm a Libra. I swing from good to bad, happy to sad sometimes uncontrollably. But yesterday I realized how bad it really is. Bassem said that he feared that someday I would wake up in a bad mood and decide to end things. No cause, just due to the fact that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. "Holly shit", that was my reaction, am I THAT bad? I know I'm not legally insane. Not yet anyway. But these severe mood swings have to go. So does anyone know a 12 step program? Coz:
RESOLUTION#5: Stop severe mood swings.

Family. I'm not a family person. And I'm not talking about the cousins of cousins of cousins. I'm talking about my immediate family. My relationship with my father is cold, messy and has too many unresolved issues. I adore my mum but we rarely see each other and when we do, it's usually all "fun and games". If we ever talk seriously we usually end up irritate each other. My aunts, uncles and cousins are mostly busy most of the time, but a telephone call to tell them hello every once and a while won't kill me, right? So
RESOLUTION#6: Better ties with the family.

It's been a long time since I pampered myself. I can't even remember when I last had some good me time, where I can read a good book, see a nice movie or just treat myself by switching off my head, my phone and only worry about which color of nail polish will better suit my tan. So
RESOLUTION#7: More ME time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

:)
I've never put a list of resolutions for myself cause I fear not accomplishing them.. I just keep them in mind and work on them according to priority so if i didn't succeed I won't be disappointed.

But putting a list maybe help u commit to it .

As for ur resolutions:

1- Yeah , that's very improtant..friendship is very precious.

2- Well, instead of trusting no one,don't give ur trust to everyone.. let them pass some tests first to determine whom will get into ur close-knit .

3- That should be the first one on ur list , take care of ur health otherwise u won't be able to accomplish the rest of the resolutions :D.

4-Daydreaming is not that bad , but a balance is always preferable.

5-Ohh.. but Libra's symbol is scales , which is supposed to give u just and balance ...mmm , not sure if all air signs are this way , but I guess it's human nature to have these moods, unless there's sth bothering u in the background and not resolved yet.

6-It's gonna require some effort from ur side.. don't give up easily.

7-This is because u're stuck in studying and stuff, it'll be over soon .

8- Indeed the best :) , life is too short to waste such precious moments of love.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Rain, this is the 1st time I've ever done any resolutions. But last year was so eventfull for me, that it seemed so stupid that I don't learn from it. That's the sole reason behind the list. hope I can commit to it.

1- Can't agree more

2- This is my point. They succeded in the tests. Sad, but true. I can't not trust people entirely, I will just increase my tests and listen to this little voice that says "Hey, this might not be such a good idea"

3- I've never had any serious or semi serious health problems. It's all new to me and maybe I'm not giving it the needed attention which made it a problem. Dunno...

4-Balance, easier said than done :)

5- Scales that go up, down, up again down again untill they reach balance. Libras are known to take decisions with grat difficulty and being very moody in the meantime, they are just and kinda wise and when they finally reach a decision it's final and usually the right thing to do.

6- I know it will. Hope I can resist all the things that might put me down

7- Maybe. But I've been studying all my life, yet never failed to pamper myself. Last year there was something different. Hope it changes this year

8- My opinion exactly :D

8:25 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

I'm happy that ur proud of me love. i'm counting on u 2 help me accomplish them. Love you

12:11 AM  
Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

Great resolutions and I agree with them all. Hope you accomplish them :) I would add, "Write and read more" to mine as well as, 'Don't let anyone break your heart."

The last one moved me so much. There's nothing greater than true love indeed, Eve.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Daydreamer, thank you for your nice comment and i agree with you comepletely. Reading and writing are an important part of my life and it's a never ending goal for me to read and write more. I don't think I will ever reach reading and writing enough.

1:25 AM  
Blogger DareDevil said...

nice post :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Thnx daredevil. welcome to my blog

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home