Friday, November 18, 2005

Mid terms

For the last week I was in a continuous nightmare. MID TERMS. They're the exams that come suddenly, just as you start to get used to this year's system. It changes. The exams are here.

You find yourself having to study at least five subjects in one week, four of them you know nothing about and one you know the main titles. You try to get any information about any subject lectures, sheets, revision,... anything to prevent a BIG FAT F.

This year our lovely administration changed the system of mid terms.
In previous years there was a week for mid terms where lectures were stopped and the entire faculty has exams. This system was fairly good because it gave us the chance to study without worrying about attending lectures, sections or handing in reports and sheets.

But hey a system that ACTUALLY works for the students is EVIL.

They decided that there will be no mid term week and that every professor will decide when the exam for his subject will be. Claiming that this new system will give us a bigger space between exams than just one week.

So, did this "new system" work?

Nope, it failed miserably. I had 4 subjects in one week, a quiz in a section in the middle and they subjects were spaced very idiotically.
I had one on Friday, the following on Sunday ( so far not bad) then a stupid gap, a quiz on Wednesday an exam Thursday afternoon (ended 6 pm) and the last one Friday morning (started at 8 am).

I slept yesterday at around 2 am, woke up at 6:30. Did very poorly in the exam (Rabena yostor) returned, slept, slept and then slept some more. Now I have to sit and study (again). Yeah YUK but I have a quiz tomorrow and tons of things to hand in. And I honestly can't stand to look at any piece of paper at the moment

These people have no mercy.

I need a vacation.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nightlegend said...

At my college we always had the same system you hate ,every professor had freedom to determine the mid term exams schedule and we would be attending lecures & labs at the same days of exams ,worse that that we had two mid term exams instead of one.

Insha2alah you will do very good in your next exams ,good luck and keep us updated.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ohh...that sounds horrible :S
I hate exams in general.

In my college they used to apply ur current system but fortunately they changed it and reserved a week for midterms, but this had a drawback cause we used to take exam at the time of its lecture which means we could have more than one exam at the same day :S:S and it happened and we once had 3 exams without time to study before it :|...imagine having to study 3 subjects in one night!!

Anyway..god be with you really..I'm glad I'm no longer a student.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Charisma said...

Good luck eve.
i can recal how stressful that can be, bas ma3lsh, you're a smart girl, rabena yewafa'ek.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

"Insha2alah you will do very good in your next exams ,good luck and keep us updated."
Thank you night I really hope I do better than the last few ones. I have one next friday. Ed3ili.

Rain
Ouch, 3 exams in one day?
That's just mean. And what did you do? Be3ti madda wala madetein wala el talata w ro7ti el cinema? :)

Charismatic soul
Thank you, rabena yostor... :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger change destiny said...

But hey a system that ACTUALLY works for the students is EVIL.
LOL i loved that sentence . It shows how Egyptian systems have the same aim everywhere .
Good luck with your tests honey . Do your best but try to relax too .

8:54 PM  
Blogger Alina said...

Good luck with the rest of the exams, Eve!

We also have some kind of midterms, not really that, with exams both during lectures and seminars, with no dedicated week. I know it sucks. As for papers, we need to turn these babies in all year long :)

Again, best of luck!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Rain said...

Well eve of course I ignored a subject :D..i'm not a super human !!

Wish u best of luck really..tmeneena 3leeky after exams.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

eve, i began to doubt u r "ain shams" .. am i right?!
bas which year are you ya benti :D :D :D

hehehe.... ya i hate this new system as WELL!.. ana day3a this term aslan between reports w useless quizes...

10:42 PM  
Blogger tota said...

ma3lish ya Eve ... ISA it will be fine & u will celebrate ur graduation & just remember those days as the nicest ever believe me ;)

Rabena ma3aky

10:49 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Lasto-adri *Blue*
I am ain shams (yuky), 3rd year, what about you?
I hate this system, I have reports and sheets and lewa7 belhabal, nothing gets done and I feel lost in the middle. Sometimes I choose which subjects to study and sometimes (ok most of the times) badrabha tanash and I go out. My moto is (se7eti beldonia)

tota
Everyone tell me that and I believe them coz it's what I felt after school, but this doesn't make me feel any better especially when I'm standing helpless feeling abused by those heartless doctors, giving us their famous sentence "msh moshkelty etsarafo"

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home