Monday, August 01, 2005

bilady bilady bilady...

I HATE that national anthem. It is stupid, boring and like a children song.
Maybe the words are nice but the music irritates me. Since childhood I disliked the anthem, the flag and the minister of education. I decided to do a coup d'etat and change these three things and then leave power. I was 9 years old.

I always thought that the famous march in Opera Aida would be a better replacement. Some cheesy words can be put on it but without changing the greatness of the march. Come on it's called "Gloire l'Egypte", can there be a better name for a national anthem?

4 Comments:

Blogger Egyptian Person said...

Many people consider such things (the flag and the national anthem) to be sacred national symbols, but I disagree.
Yes, the anthem is like a children's song... and the flag with the black, white and red colors does not represent Egypt in any way... it represents Nasser's fantasies that brought Egypt down.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Wow EP u really dislike Nasser :)
bas begad, I think we need a flag and a national anthum that we love and respect. Our national antum is boring and our flag is morbid, why would I respect that? I say let's get young artists and musicians to come up with something that represents Egypt today, through the eyes of young people that love her.
Not an old (and dead) president and also a dead composer.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Egyptian Person said...

It's not about Nasser really, although he is a big part of the problem... I dislike the whole system - which also need to be changed! The flag and the anthem could be the easy part.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I prefer the old flag of egypt more. especially that it is unique while 3/4 of the arabic nations has flags simillar to our current one.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home