Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I don't miss you

I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.


From the movie "10 things I hate about you"

9 Comments:

Blogger Mohamed said...

You should say this to your ex. That ought to shut him up!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

It's not a hate poem Mo, it's one of unexpected and against all plans love.
She doesn't hate those things in him, on the contrary she loves them but she wasn't expecting that.

If you haven't seen the movie. I reccomend it. It's a bit you know sleezy high school movie, but it's witty and you'll apreciate the links they did to Shakespear's "Taiming of the Shrew" it's actually based on it. And bringing the idea to a modern Californian high school society.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually when she said those words in the movie, I was really moved.

Nice blog :)

Marwa

6:16 PM  
Blogger haal said...

Nice! Loved it, hate the way i dont hate you!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you don't miss him but you don't hate him at all?

9:00 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Anonymous I don't hate him, hate is not the opposite of love or care (love is a big word). And the title has the theme of the quote, I say I hate you but I really don't so I say I don't miss you but I really do, kinda thing...

11:49 PM  
Blogger MoonLightShadow said...

I loved it..
I’d say it reflects deep love, doesn’t it?

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just call him/her then!

5:36 PM  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Dont you think the word 'hate' here means 'love'?

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home