Monday, November 07, 2005

A new arrival

Saturday my family welcomed its newest member, a beautiful chubby baby girl.
Her mother is "formally" my cousin but in reality she's more like my sister.
I remember we used to sit in the balcony of my house singing, playing, joking and laughing our hearts.
She got married when I was 16; got her first child when I was 18 and now her second baby has arrived to this world.

I have to admit that this was the first time I've ever witnessed childbirth. I was scared, confused, and happy and had no idea what to do or say.
Natural delivery was ruled out after several complications and a c section had to be preformed. I was the first one to the see the baby. She was so red, she was crying her heart out and she had the most adorable cheeks, she was 3 minutes old when I saw her.

I saw her first bath, her first diaper and her first outfit.
Thank God her mom was alright. She was in severe pain and frankly I couldn't take it.
I couldn't handle seeing my sister is such pain while knowing I can't do anything to make it better. I told my mom I'm leaving and went home.

I have witnessed a miracle on Saturday, but what amazed me the most is the sudden rush of love I felt toward her the moment I laid my eyes on her. Amaizing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rain said...

Thank God your cousin is save and healthy , and congratulations for the new baby :):).

I know that new babies are just adorable..so innocent :) like angels.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Nightlegend said...

Insha2alh you will be a very good mother in the future and have alot of wonderful kids!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

"Thank God your cousin is save and healthy"
Yes Rain thank God, I was worried sick about her. She's been released from the hospital and returned home

"Insha2alh you will be a very good mother in the future and have alot of wonderful kids!"
Night.... This so sweet. I love children and really hope I can be a good mother

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home