Saturday, August 13, 2005

Last Week

Last week is the living example to the fact that I'm a completely insane person.

Last Friday was an only girls get together. I didn't want to go at the beginning. They're my friends, but not so close and I, most of the time, have to put a fake smile on . But because I had nothing better to do I went. And surprise surprise, I ACTUALLY had fun.
It was one of the best get togethers I ever went to. We talked about everything; politics,guys,kids,sex,... It was actually the first time that we had a real conversation. In the end I hated leaving.

Saturday I had a meeting. We will be doing a conference at the University and I'm in the Organising Committee. It was so excited. I'm surrounded by young, driven, ambitious people. I should be very happy, but I'm not. Something is missing. You see? I'm crazy I sit around hoping for something interesting to do and when it comes my way I suddenly find something missing.

I think I'm waiting for something to happen, something on a more personal level. And I'm really pissed off that it's not happening.
I'm fighting with my dad all the time now, all my friends are on vacations outside Egypt (I have rich friends :) ) and I'm a bit alone. Busy with a million things but alone. And I don't like it.

My best friend is getting married next summer. After the wedding she's leaving for Canada. I don't know if I'm jelous because she found such a wonderfull guy and all the guys I knew are total psychos or because I'll miss her alot. She's been my friend for more that 16 years now and I can't imagine not being able to call her anytime morning or night just to talk.

Ahhhhhhh, stop wining.
I'll be ok soon,... I guess,... I hope.... I dunno...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry you will find your wonderful guy anyway :)

4:01 AM  
Blogger doshar said...

girl talk is sometimes the best thing, and girls know how to laugh. it is different than mixed outings, you don't have to well.. behave as much.

your friend in canada... it is not as bad as you might think, my best friend in the world , for 10 years now left for canada this march, (eh 7ekayet canada.. everyone seems to go there now or have just come back), and i thought it would be awful, i used to go over to her house 2 or 3 times a week and spend the day. but when she left, sub7an Allah, other friends that i originally had but to whom I was not paying attention, seemed to literally jump into the space she left. Also, my friend in canada talks to me maybe once r twice a day with yahoo or msn, audio and camera, so i see her and talk to her a bit more than when she was here. we can talk about mosalsalat, petty stuff, shopping etc.

i don't think you are jealous, that is only intense when you first hear about the news for the first time, then it gets better and you just want one like her that is all.

sorry for the rambling eve, and we have never even met on the blogosphere before! but your friend struck a chord about my friend hanan. :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

Thanks Osama, that's sweet.
And doshar I know exactly what you mean. Most of my family isn't in Egypt and we talk regularly, even if it's simply emails. I know about their lives better than I know about the other ones living right here in Egypt. I guess it's just hard at first.
Thanks for the nice comment, hope its not the last

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home